Sunday, September 26, 2010

A great day for it.

(....for photographing crafty projects in the garden, that is.)


The finished Boteh Scarf was very well received by my soon-to-be-birthdaying sister.


Mid-laundry-hanging, I was spontaneously inspired to photograph these little dresses. It's best to photograph things before too many run-ins with kid and/or front-loader and these have each seen a few rounds already.


The denim dress detail was featured in my yo-yo post but the green (felted wool) one has thus far slipped through the photographic net. 


The flowers are a combination of felted jumper (the blue), hand felted string and needle-felting and machine embroidery (the flower centres).


I finished a prototype of a wallet (on the request of my sister-in-law) but I wasn't 100%  happy with it.  I had to unpick and redo the binding twice before I bit the bullet and hand-stitched it. 

Now I'm not happy with the finish and I don't think I have the time to develop the design into something machine-stitchable and pattern-writable.  It needs a LOT of development.... but it'll do as an "OFMSIL" (Only For My Sister-In-Law.... yes, the category range of OF's is broadening...).


I was, however, VERY happy with Vilene S520 and S320 on the card pockets and dividers.  Super smooth and fine, but nice and strong. 


There was also a bit of pottery action in the garden (and it's an activity that will ONLY EVER be in the garden.... clay everywhere!).


And there was a fair bit of creative gardening going on.


I hope you had a lovely weekend.

12 comments:

Gay McDonell said...

Goodness Me! Super busy - now, I hope you realise there will be a fair bit a blog pressure to develop that wallet - every girl wants a decent wallet - and that one is just soooo nice!! I'll sit back and watch you wriggle out of that one. And, those are super cite little tunics - makes you wanna be a little girl again!!

trash said...

You know, taht category of 'OF's could possibly be stretched to include 'OFFOSIEFW-A'. I'm just sayin' is all...




(Only For Friends OverSeas In England Facing Winter - Again)

Annie said...

Yes, it was a great weekend, but unfortunately, so nice that I have been drawn to the outside and have done absolutely no sewing ALL week.

Fiona said...

Lovely scarf, dresses and wallet - hope you will be doing a pattern for that once you've perfected it! I think it looks great.

Leonie said...

Love the sunny photos. The weather has indeed turned, love that we can now get out a bit without needing raincoats :-) The scarf has come up beautifully as has the wallet and dresses. Love the colours inside the wallet.

seabreezequilts said...

I take possession of an embellisher this week looking forward to some felting fun in the coming weeks. Love that wallet. Might have to work out one for myself. Have a yummy hot pink bag that is screaming for a nice wallet to go with it.

Unknown said...

I really like the green dress - very cute. The wallet looks very useful. I want one. Really, really want one.

Fer said...

Mud pies, yay! Looks like you had better weather than we did. The scarf came up a treat, it was very strong of you to be able to part with it! :)

meli B said...

What a fantastic weekend. Love the wallet and the felting on the dress. You obviously followed the saying 'Make hay while the sun shines.'

Trudy said...

Love the cute little dresses. My kids are into creative gardening as well. I had a very creative 2 year old gardner today who had to popped into the bath real quick as he was covered in mud from head to toe. Quite a sight.

Kirrily said...

Ohhh the finishing on the wallet pockets is making me (re)think hard.... Very hard....

KFerg said...

Oh wow, I love that purse! To be able to make some matching purses for my fantastic bags (thanks to your great patterns) would be absolutely awesome!! (no pressure of course :D