Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Ready or not....

Thanks to all who sent lovely emails or comments to wish my hell-week away.



The hellishness was mostly due to me having a cold, Leah being incapacitated with a bad back (read: me and my cold - and my admin-ineptitude - in the office), the photo shoot for the book being brought forward a few weeks and the small matter of me not having sewn up most of the final "hero pieces"..... least of all organised models or props.

I was in a spin. A flap. A kerfuffle.


Thankfully, models arrived and were fabulous, the HarperCollins design team and photographer are a dream to work with, and all seems to be going swimmingly. (Extra-thankfully, I have a sewing day tomorrow to "catch up" before the final day's shoot).


BIG big thanks to SuperPops for "disappearing" my twirling fairy on Monday afternoon so we could get on with the shoot.

9 comments:

CurlyPops said...

It was SuperPops' pleasure to whisk away Little Miss Twirling Fairy for a treat and some treasure hunting!
She was a perfect little angel.

Cathie said...

ohh wow, busy, busy!
we would have loved to play with wee one. next time you need a break or miss superpops isn't available, give me a call, we would love to hang out with her.

Tania said...

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming... (say just like Dory would on Finding Nemo but don’t go all amnesia on me).

Liesl said...

That SuperPops is a good sort isn't she?

Good luck for the remainder of the shoot Nikki ... I really can't wait for the end product! I should think a book tour - factoring in lots of spas and massages - should be in order (if only, eh?)

seabreezequilts said...

What is it with the end of July and colds they are going around, must be all those school holiday kids mingling around spreading germs. Twirly fairy looks very fairy like in her lovely skirt, I won't be showing my twirly fairy this picture as she will be wanting one too. Good luck with your sewing day and final photo shoot can't wait for the book I am sure I will need one.

Fer said...

Murphy's Law prevails once again! The fact that you survived must cheer you up at least. :)

Hasn't Twirling Girl got a beautiful mane of hair!

Jacinta said...

Hi Nikki. Sounds like it was a crazy week. No wonder you were in a kerfuffle. Hardly surprising really!
Sounds like it's all coming together (despite the last minute panics) and it does help when the people who are there with you are so fantastic.
Just remember to breathe...
Cinta
xxx

Annie said...

All sounds very very exciting Nikki

a blog full of weldons. said...

i just have to ask...how in the world do you do it all??? you are amazing! i would love to be a fly on the wall and figure out how to balance life and style and business and family...when i do it, i feel like chaos at all times :)