Sunday, August 17, 2008

This is...how I like to spend the weekend

In my sewing cave - hermit-like and all alone. I DREAM about being able to do this, and hardly ever get the chance. I think I may have mentioned it before..... (I know, I'm a sewing bore).

I snatched a few hours here this weekend while the wee scratchy one went to be fed chocolate by her grandfather (that's the purpose of the visit as far as she's concerned). ABSOLUTE HEAVEN to be able to start AND FINISH (!!!!) things on the same day, uninterrupted. I made a little pair of trousers for the girl and finished off a few bag samples for the Sydney trip. Much-needed therapy after a pretty stressful, sleep-deprived week.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR KIND WORDS OF SUPPORT on my last post. It really meant a lot. Our little red girl is finally fading to a pink blotchy version of herself, so hopefully normality will return and all (including her skin) will be peachy again. At least she no longer needs the anti-hystamines (which made her hyper instead of drowsy???!!) and we're all sleeping a bit better. I'm sure I'll cope with the car crisis, supplies problems and Sydney panic with more than two hours sleep behind me. This week will be a vast improvement on the last.... and I promise not to BLAAAAHHHH it all out like that again!

Thanks to The Bird Bath for this week's theme in Angela's lovely This Is meme. I'd like to have been able to do a post like Angela's... but that would be absolute fantasy.

6 comments:

Liesl said...

Thank goodness for a bit of time to yourself (albeit working), after the week you had!

CurlyPops said...

Thank goodness things are improving on the home front....what a pretty picture with the shelves full of sweet little bits and pieces.

Jenny said...

Glad your little one is on the mend-love your sewing cave-a great way to spend some time alone to create-bliss!

Anonymous said...

I dream about sewing all weekend too! I need a couple extra hours of solitude! enjoy. cindy

thehardings said...

Wow Nikki, your sewing "cave" is so neat and tidy, you truely are amazing. Glad to hear your daughter is on the road to recovery and hopefully you can catch up on that much needed sleep. Hope I get to meet you on Friday at the show. Sally :)

Karin said...

That's a really nice sewing cave. Very bright and happy. What a nice room to create in!