Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Rainy Days and Mondays...

Well, I don't actually mind them that much.
This is the view from my studio window on Saturday. I love looking out at rain from my sewing cave. I feel all snug and comfy, somehow.... almost better than lying in bed listening to rain on the roof.

I love my studio. It's an old classroom on the third level of what used to be a High School Building, and has windows the full length of the room on both the North and South walls. I have LOADS OF NATURAL LIGHT and a clear view over the rooftops of Brunswick (ok, so it's not really picturesque... but I like the sense of space). I watch the city change colour (and sometimes disappear) with the changing weather. I even like looking out at cold, grey, Melbourne winter days.
This was supposed to be a temporary stop-gap studio about three and a half years ago.... Ooops! I forgot to MOVE OUT!! (Would YOU??)

4 comments:

Cindy said...

I love how a 'view' is such a subjective thing. I love looking out the window and watching the treaffic go past. I can see how you forgot to leave.

Liesl said...

What a great view - I'd love to be able to see the city from my window. I can see a few trees during the day and sometimes at night I like to think I can see the Nylex sign flashing far away in Richmond.

Juddie said...

Oooh - love it! You lucky thing!

Mary said...

What a great space to have! and I completely agree about the rain...love that song, too.