Monday, August 30, 2010

New toys... for girls and boys.

More zipper pulls for the boys in the shop NOW.
EDITED TO ADD: Can anyone tell me anything about using these on computerised machines? My computerised machine has its own sliding plastic seam guide, but I use the magnetic seam guide on the mechanical (industrial) machine.


And a new Clover needle-felting tool is in the hands of a gung-ho four-year old.... (!!!)


Safety guards, retractable needles and neurotic helicopter-parenting will hopefully make the difference between creative prodigy and (heaven forbid) perforated child.

10 comments:

A Peppermint Penguin said...

excellent toys.

I think it's great that your wee girl gets to work with sharp things. Learning that your blood should be on the *inside* and will stay so if you are careful is a very useful thing in life. Having all things for children blunt and plastic is daft - it's not a blunt plastic world!

I spy a frog!! Genius at work, clearly.

Cheers,
AJ

Unknown said...

That needle felting tool looks scary. I hope nobody gets perforated! Awesome looking superfrog by the way...

Esther said...

Really cool zip pulls my boys would love them. My needle felting needles have been safely put away for now as my 2 and 1/2 year old isn't quite safe to be round them even with me using them but there is a big difference between 2 and 4 ! Bet she had fun !

Jennie said...

Magnetic seam guides! Wonders never cease. Will you ever reach the stage of reaching for one of those without thinking of Post Its first?

Kirsty said...

Put together a felty froggy comic book...please. She's ACE.

Fer said...

Oo, must get the tractor one!

I think that after a couple of perforations the wee girl would soon get the idea! At least she's past the age of putting everything in her mouth (?). :D

ambette said...

Ooh, I must get one of those seam guides!

Kirrily said...

I have one of those magnetic seam guides and I can vouch for how excellent they are! Mine gets used at least twice for each bag I make - especially handy for high speed strap sewing!

I think they need to be avoided on computerised machines though?

Anonymous said...

Post-it notes! What a good idea - I've been using masking tape!

chrys (Kinder) said...

hmmm...now that wouldnt be superfrog would it???? lol