Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Wrapped

So... like I said... I've been sewing.

Gorgeous large scale prints like these (from Sandi Henderson's Farmer's Market range) inspire me to make large-scale bags. This is the Small Wrap.

And this is the inside of the Small Wrap.... A zippered pocket on one side and a compartment pocket on the other. Colour and prints all over the shop.

This is the Small Wrap with o-rings in the straps (instead of the usual "grown on" strap). The fabric is Wildwood by Erin McMorris.

The straps are cut off, bagged out and folded over the o-rings, and then a normal shoulder strap is attached to the other side of the ring.
I stitched the strap right through to the outside of the bag (if you look closely at the bottom of the photo below you can see the stitches). You could choose to disguise the stitches with something decorative. I chose not to because I kind-of like them....


This Tina Givens floral was teamed with plain (Ikea!) fabric and a spot of rustic stitchery by yours truly.



The small wrap is a super-comfy shoulder bag that wraps flat around the body with a wide strap. It's quick to make and you can carry loads in it. A more stylish alternative to the usual market shopping bag.....

10 comments:

CurlyPops said...

The wildwood fabric works perfectly on the wrap. Gorgeous!

Katherine said...

A perfect match of clever design and great fabric, Nikki. You totally convince me that I could never have too many bags. How could I ever choose a favourite when you just keep making such great ones?

Bellgirl said...

Oh that's a great design, I've been looking for an across the body bag pattern- will there be a large wrap too?

Bellgirl said...

Aha, just found the large "wrap' pattern on your site :)

anna said...

I love the embroidery on the last one. That print is absolutely gorgeous.

Kylie said...

Love that style of bag and the fabric on the large one is just lovely! Am very tempted to try one...

Karen said...

Gorgeous Nikki - I have that green with orange flower fabric by Sandi Henderson and adore it. One of the girls wanted me to cut it up for dolls clothes - I was mean and said no!!

Pinktulip said...

Fabulous fabric! So bright and colourful. I just want to run out and buy it! Lovely bags, as always.

Gay McDonell said...

Bewdiful work!

handmaiden said...

Nikki, love all these spring prints on yr bags, even though its been cold and rainy all weekend and the print on yr couch and yr recovering is fab