Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas treats

It's been a bit of a crazy, not-fun weekend.... But scattered thoughout, there have been little magic moments.This book arrived on Friday. A gift for me from me.
I've managed to steal a few glimpses into my knitting projects of the future. I think I have to start buying yarn in larger quantities than my usual 4 balls...
We had an early family xmas get-together yesterday and the wee girl was given a cake-decorating set. We were cake decorating in our pajamas this morning.

Anyone fancy a bit of sugar....?

I was on a sugar-high too. The kitchen was a lemon butter (lemon curd) factory. I was whipping it up between sorting through boxes of kitchenware.
We made our "usual" cardboard xmas tree this morning. This year we decided not to paint it. We drew on the decorations, instead.
And then the wee girl hung the old decorations - "the ones that Daddy had when he was little" on the tree.

It's a start to settling into our new house for Christmas. Little bits of gold dust amongst the chaos.

9 comments:

A Peppermint Penguin said...

Excellent gift - you'll be running on sugar for a while then.

mmm, lemon curd. I can taste it from here!

Yep, you might need to buy more than 4 balls for that dress. But not many more if it's for you ;-)

I have the Barbara G Walker book that, that one is based on. Haven't ventured very far with it yet. Too many already started bottom up stuff to finish first!

Hope the week sparkles rather than drags.

Cheers,
AJ

Jo's Place said...

What a fantastic gift for a wee girl (actually I would love one too!)

Yummy I need to whip up some lemon curd too, maybe after the Christmas rush, although it would make fabulous gifts.

Love your tree too, what a fantastic project to do every Christmas.

Gillian R said...

Those cupcakes look gorgeous! Love the pastel colours you've used. And I can almost smell the lemon butter. I love that stuff. Yum. Hope this week is better than your weekend.xxx

sooz said...

Sorry for the hardships, I know there are a few. Hope the gold dust keeps sparkling in between. Xxx

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

That last sentence is like a metaphor for life. "Little bits of gold dust amongst the chaos". A beautiful thought. I hope they multiply in 2011.

Fer said...

Ooo... I've been eyeing off that knitting book too, but instead bought Elizabeth Zimmermann's 'Knitters Almanac' instead - which has been great bedtime reading too!

I love how the Wee Girl gets so engrossed in what she's doing. I wonder where she gets that from? he he he...

Here's hoping the chaos will be over soon and you'll be able to celebrate Christmas in style. ♥

our shabby cottage said...

Lemon curd is one of my all time favourite things, it reminds me of my Grandma, who is 89 today, and makes it for me. I also love the Suspension Dress.....

Gay McDonell said...

The book looks interesting ... the cakes look amazing ... the tree is fabulous, so lots of good things for the balance we all need.

Tas said...

So much great stuff and snap! I bought myself that book for Christmas too ;) Graet minds...There are some lovely things in it aren't there? Hope that you and yours have a fantastic Christmas.