Thursday, September 23, 2010

So I finally did it.... this week.


As I mentioned before, This week I joined Facebook and Twitter. You may have noticed a bit of new widgetry about the blog and website (or not).

I can see why I avoided all this social media hoo-har for so long.... what day is it and how much time have I spent in front of the screen????

It's been lovely to reconnect with old friends through my personal Facebook account and at last I've created a Facebook page for the business to broadcast updates from the land of Nicole Mallalieu Design (to the non-blog-readers of the world).

And my goodness, this week I even updated to the "new" Blogger editor (it's not exactly new anymore, is it?)



Another thing I did was crack the Boteh Scarf code. 

This thing has been worked and reworked and I finally have the idea of how to do it.  (Lara - cancel that lesson, we'll just have a cuppa instead!). This yarn doesn't photograph well, but it's a rather lovely denim-coloured cotton yarn called "Amalfi" - bought in the Lincraft yarn sale.

Le book has also reached a point where the designers and editors are working together to put the whole thing together.  Sample pages are being emailed between various parties.  It's looking like a real book is happening.

11 comments:

Gay McDonell said...

Cute skirt! I'm still just plodding in Facebook territory - it's hard to avoid it - I've got no idea about Twitter ....

nicole said...

very appropriate skirt choice :D
looks like a totally difficult scarf to be knitting, all i can do is straight-up knit one row purl one row ha ha.

Unknown said...

I love your skirt.

Good to see you finally on Facebook - I hope it's not too much of a distraction.

Fiona said...

Great skirt and scarf!

Jodie said...

Nikki,

Do we really have to facebook? How about you just figure it out and the give me the cheat sheets ? yes ? please ???

Leonie @ Cuppa and Cake said...

Great skirt!!! Is that my wrap skirt pattern? It looks down right FANTASTIC!!!

Fiona said...

Nikki - if you go to networkblogs.com you can get your blog to automatically post on your Facebook page; saves you thinking about it each time :)

Nikki said...

Shall be networking that blog as soon as poss!

Oh and the skirt.... is from a book that's due out mid 2011. It should be a great book - watch out for it!!!

Fer said...

I deleted my Twitter account the other day, I never used it and prefer Facebook instead. It is lovely to be able to keep up with friends and family all over the globe!

Your crochet is so impressive! I love denim coloured yarn, it's so inviting. :)

meli B said...

Love the skirt and glad the book is getting there. I think you are also doing really well in the knitting department. You seem to be doing all sorts of difficult projects without the blink of an eye!

ellie said...

glad to see you on facebook, actually looked for your blog on there a few weeks ago.

Btw, you posted my goodies on a Monday and they arrived in the UK on the Friday- pretty good huh? Thanks