Wednesday, September 23, 2009

It's a bird..... it's a plane....

It's SUPERFROG! ...with a blurry face to protect her true identity. Superheroes are shy like that! (And they often wear lumpy hair ornaments and plaits under their skin-tight helmet cap things...).

At 11am on Friday I was rummaging through GJ's spangly remnants. At 1pm that day, Superfrog made an appearance at the kindergarten fancy dress party. In between we had lunch.
(Needless to say, not a lot of hemming - or indeed patternmaking - was involved in the construction of this costume).

There were lots of princesses, fairies and pirates at the party... but only ONE Superfrog! For a kid who watches way-hey too much TV (!!), she sure has a pretty original way of thinking. Cracks me up.

11 comments:

méri said...

:))
SuperShining!!!

Bellgirl said...

Hurrah for Superfrog and hurrah for no hemming!

Gina said...

Hurrah. Lovely, imaginative mother and daughter team. I think all that princess guff would drive me up the wall if I had a girl.

Annie said...

What a lucky Super Frog to have such a clever Mummy Frog, and I'm not surprised at her imagination with all that creativity buzzing around her. Looking forward to catching up next week.

Gay McDonell said...

I now feel completely safe in a world that has Super Frog to protect me ... maybe she can help us out with this orange dust storm at the moment?

Unknown said...

I love the way little kids' brains work. I love how you have just gone with her imagination and not done what is expected. And in such a short amount of time.

rachelmp said...

Love it, love it!!!

OneLittleThread said...

How Sweet! I have one who always wants to be different. Don't you just love it? Alison

Peta @ Pippiwillow said...

Cracker of a costume! Love that your girl was wanting to be a 'super frog' rather than 'a fairy'. Peta

Jhoanna said...

Super Frog! I love it! And she looks fabulous. Thanks for inspiring me make a costume for my girls according to their imagination instead of simply going with the flow :-)

Cindy said...

No evil flies can rest once Super frog is around - no toadstool left unturned. Excellent work, all that creative space has rubbed off