Monday, July 6, 2009

Small details

Nothing big happened today. It's all about the small bits right now - the details of pulling together new patterns, preparation for classes, accommodation for the Sydney Stitches and Craft Show.

Chipping away at lots of corners and not seeing anything forming yet.... spending more time organising activities to keep the wee one occupied (do you want glitter with that? ...sticky tape? ...you want to do footprint paintings?... whatever will keep you occupied, darling...) than I did actually doing any of the tasks I'd set for myself.

Little by little.... that's just how it is in these here parts. But we get there. And we collect a lot of fine child-art along the way.


Other small things I forgot to mention - the winner of our "Spend over $50" draw prize for June was Monika Griffin. She won a packet of super-fun inkjet fabric. This months prize will be a 75mm purse frame kit with fabric included. At the end of the month we put all the month's invoice numbers into a random number generator and the first invoice for over $50 wins a prize. Easy-peasy.

6 comments:

Malissa said...

But, small things are the power of our lives -- they build the pattern of who we are. I love it when people (including me!) honor their "small things." Lovely post. Thank you.

Monika Griffin. Creative Bliss said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you.
I never win anything so an extra blessing for my Monday. I check out your blog DAILY to see what you are up to and what you are creating. Keep up the good work

Sew Useful Designs said...

Sometimes it is the little things in life that are the most fulfilling! :-)

Suddenly it will all be put together and you'll think, "Wow! That happened quick!"

Have a great week, Nikki!
Vikki xx

Anonymous said...

You looked!!!!!

Of course I knew that if you happened to see it, that you would continue on and read it. Just hoped that you'd be too busy!!

And, you were right. I did finish the purse - thanks to the help of Mr. Google. However... IT IS SHITE! You knew that too, didn't you?

Okay, I'm off to your site to order a pattern (which of course is what I should have done in the first place)!

XXOO

Tania said...

Footprint paintings huh? How in high heaven did you manage to contain that little activity from hell in your lovely studio?!

ambette said...

Oh good! I'm just about to put a big order in, too!