Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Clutch Purses with Detachable Straps

I'm just going to scrape this post in before midnight... determined as I am to do a post per day!! Another late night at work (teaching a fab group of gals to make bags) leaves little time or brainspace for blogging - or much else.

Today I finished these two purses (at last!).

This is my Clutch pattern made in fabric from the Flutter-by range by Tula Pink (for Moda). I think I'm a bit of a Moda girl. I seem drawn to their prints above all others.



This is a bit of a tricksy little clutch, because the strap is detachable. The wrist strap attaches with a swivel hook to a loop between the facing and lining.


The clutch can be made more easily without the gusset - thus becoming more of an envelope clutch.

...with or without a strap.

The fabric here is from the Mod range by Timeless Treasures.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute - the detachable straps are terrific. Lovely fabrics too - you are definitely an afficionado - I think that you can spot and name a fabric print at ten paces!

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

I love it. You are a clever woman. Can't wait to do my class in a couple of months.

Hana said...

Stunning purses! I think your fabric selection on the first purse is fabulous! (i just noted there was a lot of 'f's' in that mouthful). Perfect as always! ;)

Fer said...

Man, you do beautiful work! You're right about Moda fabrics too - such a great range.

:o)

Anonymous said...

I really like these and yes, the combination Moda fabrics you've used are gorgeous.

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Another fabulous design Nikki! I love the idea of the detachable strap and love the fabrics you've used as well.

Michelle said...

love moda fabrics even when i'm in a shop full of fabrics i'll pick a moda for sure...

Bellgirl said...

oooh nice! I need a bag for inside my bag, like the little spaceship that goes out from the mothership on short missions.

Louise said...

Well I just did a catch up on all your posts and goodness - I learned HEAPS!! You are amazing!