Friday, April 8, 2011

Sneaky peek

..at some of the images from my book. Yep - another wrap skirt. This time shorter and with a panel of feature fabric. The top is a pattern-free number that ties at the back (like the black one in yesterday's post). There's a babushka backpack made by Lara (one of my fabulous pattern-testers) and a spot of Ink&Spindle loveliness made into a shoulder bag (by me ...and on me). The brown top I'm wearing is a variation on the pattern-free cowl top - this time, made with a sleeve.
All images were taken by the amazing Denise Nestor (have a look at her work here!!).

You might be able to win yourself a copy of the book if you pop over to visit Cam. Otherwise, get yourself to the AQC next week, to get one from me. If you're overses or interstate, the ABC Shop has really great postage rates....

18 comments:

Jennie said...

Ooh, I love what you've done with the I&S fabric. I got a bunch of Yardage Design pieces for my bday and was going to make a scarf, but I may have changed my mind now!

Unknown said...

Wow you should be so proud ! What a huge fantastic job you have done , congratulations !

Tas said...

OK You have sold me... ;)

Gay McDonell said...

It's nice that YOU are the model! Great stuff!

Bec said...

Gorgeous.. Love it!! xx

seabreezequilts said...

OH that is so mean, but love the sneak peaks. Great photos too.

Karen said...

Aaaahhhh Can Not Wait for this book!
I would wear both of those (well bigger versions of course!).
The laneway shot is great Nikki and love the backpack - clever Lara.

Unknown said...

Love the skirt photo Nikki, I can't wait for the book! Please don't sell out of them before I get to the show on Saturday.

Unknown said...

I am loving the skirt with feature fabric panel. Oh how I hope I am lucky enough to win a copy of the book!

meli B said...

Hoping to catch up with you at the show. Good Luck, hope you sell lots.

Fer said...

Great photos (and great designs!). That first photo is oh so Melbourne. :)

Saffron Craig said...

Such lovely photographs. Such fun x x

Kate said...

Eeeeeeep, I cannot imagine how exciting this all must be Nikki. I LOVE that you are modelling your own gorgeous skirt in your own book and I love that its shot in Melbourne.I can hardly wait to get my hands on one.

Katherine said...

Oh, Nikki! These sneak peeks are so tempting. Now you have me counting down the days until your wonderful book is available.

Annie said...

You are a STAR! Love it!

Selkie Smith Design said...

Looks fabulous, will be preordering a book asap..I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Nikki I'm soooo excited for you! Can hardly wait to see the book for myself. Congrats! Lx

becanne said...

The shape and size of that shoulder bag is so me.. can't wait to get a copy of the book!