Lately, there have been a record number of Express Post parcels and emails to and from the publishers, each one promising to be the "last thing".
I'm assuming that eventually one of these things will indeed be the last and that the book will be going to press on schedule (mid-December for a May-June 2011 release). It's been a huge project for me, the editors and designers, but it appears that there is light at the end of the tunnel for all of us.
I feel blessed to be given this enormous opportunity by HarperCollins and I can't wait to see the book on the shelf. (I'll also be glad not to have to take too many more up-close-and-personal photos of the same projects).
There has also been much (hypothetical) list-ticking in the moving-business-and-home departments.
- Utility and telecommunication providers, post offices, various suppliers and council representatives have been contacted. Things have been arranged. Cancelled. Connected. Redirected. Informed. Ordered. Delivered.
- Kids' parties have been attended... in a "Summer of Endless 5-year-old's Parties" kind of way. (I've embraced the time as an opportunity to catch up on some crochet... and in one instance to leave the kid and go off to vote).
- Workshops for next year are beginning to book up (and out). More are scheduled - on my calendar.... (There are plans to upload them to the website ASAP).
- The truck is booked to move house this weekend. (Hmmmm.... perhaps we'd best get packing...?)
- Kid-starting-school organisation will have to wait until next week. At least we have the forms now (which is one step closer than we were at the beginning of the week).
And I finished the flower yoke top. I took advantage of a moment of weakness (a listless-virus-infected-kid moment) to get the wee girl to actually WEAR it. It's lacking the preferred mid-calf hemline (the new clothing rule), so it took a virus (and a spot of emotional blackmail) to get her to ...errrrrm.... cooperate (?) for the photos.
We'll be closing for the xmas hols on the 22nd December and opening again on 10th Jan 2011.
Lucky I took a big breath in January, huh?