Saturday, July 17, 2010

What to do with those little leftover bits of bias binding

After all the hats and Tulip Dresses I made in the Summer (and some secret-book-business sewing), I seem to have a lot of spare bias binding bits.... and they're cropping up on lots of little winter pinnies.

The green corduroy dress is from this book and the purple one is a New Look summer pattern (forgotten the number but it's something like this) in a bit of cotton coat-weight fabric.

The orange corduroy Tulip Dress got the yo-yo treatment with it's bias tape detailing. (I also made a small beret to match). I'm yet to photograph these garments ON THE CHILD....

...because she's being as cooperative in front of the camera as she usually is.

But I can assure you, she looks very cute.

11 comments:

Buy Design said...

Aww they are lovely.

Annie said...

They look great - wish I could make a little one like that for my Sarah.

Ruby Star said...

What a cute idea. Your dresses look great, i want to try it now... on my clothes lol

Lyn (in Kinglake) said...

Great idea. I love it, and thought I really must let you know. (I usually lurk and admire silently).

Unknown said...

Love the bias trims , clever you !

trash said...

Look at all that hair! I don;t think she is a lil two year old anymore?!

Gypsy said...

Gorgeous trim on those dresses, love it!

Fer said...

Looks gorgeous! I seem to be accumulating bias as well - better get to work!

zofia said...

That is a fab idea! They look very cute.

Adriana said...

So beautiful!
What a great idea.
Will have to try it out on some pants for my little boy.

Anonymous said...

I love the dresses - and the photos are pretty good for ones taken with an uncooperative model!