Sunday, December 13, 2009

The girl can't help it...

You can tell when I'm busy at work.

The blog is a bit quiet.

I don't comment much on other blogs.

The wee girl is let loose with any sort of craft material she asks for.

And then I offer "Would you like GLITTER with that...?"



Last week it was all about a litre of PVA glue, a large plastic tablecloth, roughly drawn stars and Christmas trees (underneath the plastic and able to be moved around), fabric and yarn scraps, the always-handy MOO card box and a chopstick.


And glitter with EVERYTHING!


And then more PVA and pom-poms and foam stars.

More home-made decorations for the home-made xmas tree (made from a cardboard box like like last year's).

She's a non-stop crafting machine lately, an I'm all for it (...with glitter.... if that keeps her happy and engaged for five minutes longer) but I'll try not to blog too much more four-year-old art and craft. It's not everyone's cup of tea.

When I get a moment to think, I'll get back to normal 40-something sewing blog posts. Right now I have a sneezy summer cold and a frightening number of loose ends to tie before we finish work on the 23rd ... oh, and an enormous xmas-list to tackle.
Yikes.

If you don't hear from me for a while, please know that I'm still here...and I'll be back.... possibly covered in glitter.

16 comments:

trash said...

Have at with the 4 year old's craft. I've been to Regretsy, trust me there is a universe of stuff that makes your girl the Melbourne equivalent of Picasso/Mozart! (Plus those stars are sooooooo cute)

Cindy said...

I think that all 4o-something sewing bloggers should be walking down the street leaving a happy little trail of glitter

CurlyPops said...

A little bit of glitter makes everything better!

One Flew Over said...

I'm all for anything that keeps 4 year olds ammused...note to self: MUST BUY GLITTER!

willywagtail said...

Your a very good Mum. I hated the glitter years, especially the glue 10/12 years ago that took forever to dry and seemed to seep into everything. Cherrie

Claire - Matching Pegs said...

You are brave with the glitter - I think I need to embrace my inner glitter Mum. I am a bit of a grump about it.

The kids bring home heaps of things covered in glitter, from Kinder and school, and it gets through the whole house, then keeps turning up where you least expect it - on my forehead, or in the dog's water for example.

It is not that my house is that clean anyway, but there is something permanent about glitter, it does not seem to disintegrate.

I once watched a show on a group of OCD people going through intensive cognitive therapy, and one of the OCD sufferers was obsessive about checking that no glitter had come into her house. Everything had to be new, out of a packet, to make sure there was no chance of glitter getting in her house.

I'm not that bad! I just take glittery things outside and give them a really good shake before they take up residence anywhere.

Perhaps you should post early in the new year about the strange places your glitter ended up ;-)

Andi said...

Love your home-made tree idea!!!
Bring on the glitter.
Andi :-)

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

I'm going to hold a picture of you in my mind, sewing madly till the wee hours covered in glitter. See you soon.

laura said...

I think your nuts!!!
But a wonderful mother!!

Marty said...

In the middle of summer, when I'm vacuuming something and I find a bit of glitter I missed at Christmas, it just gives me a tiny midsummer Christmassy feeling. Don't mind glitter at all.

Katherine said...

Hope you're feeling better soon, Nikki and no worries about disappearing for a while. Here's to tackling those loose ends and your to-do list and besides, who doesn't like a bit of glitter in their life? ;o)

Anonymous said...

She is a very talented little lady!
Our house is much the same and DH frequently threatens to ban glitter, but we carry on regardless!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the long list of things to complete....and with anything (including glitter) that will keep the children entertained for five minutes longer.

Tonya Gunn said...

So much fun!! What is Christmas without glitter?
Many warm wishes.

Anonymous said...

Love glitter!! Right now our kitten is walking around with glitter glue on her back. No one knows how it got there???? She looks very festive though.

MooBeeTees said...

It's nice to know I'm not the only one who ends up with glitter everywhere!