Saturday, November 21, 2009

Buttoned up

This Hobo bag has been one of those projects that has been made in fits and starts over the last month or two (it has a sister - cut at the same time but still in construction). The fabric is a Martha Negley and the o-rings are 52mm Square Edge rings (a personal favourite of mine).

Mostly I was waiting for more self-cover button kits to arrive so I could finish the Kanzashi flowers on the front.

The crafty kid is still a bit obsessed with making buttons, but we've had to limit her access to them because we're now selling them in the shop.

There's no sewing involved with these kits - the two-part setting tool wraps the fabric around and the back of the button snaps into place. There are 8 buttons per pack and we have them in 12mm and 23mm - both at the same price ($5.05).

Now I'm going to be very busy sewing all the wee girl's buttons onto hair-ties for her. She now has a hair tie to match every outfit I've ever made for her, and we're fast moving on to having a hair-tie to match every bag I've ever made......

7 comments:

Fiona said...

Love the kanzashi flowers ... I've tried making these before with limited success. Could you do one of your wonderful tutorials sometime please?

Unknown said...

The Kanzashi flowers look great on that bag! Good to hear you have the buttons in stock.

Kathi D said...

Those big square-edge rings are my favorite. I use them every chance I get. I have used them on a flap as both a closure and a weight to keep the flap down.

Georgia Peachez said...

What a great bag and those kanzashi flowers just make it! xo, suzy

Nikki said...

Re: Kanzashi - I'm by no means an expert. I just bought a book (listed on my Amazon widget) and sat in front of the telly with a pile of fabric scraps. My only secret weapon was the Clover finger-presser.

Cath said...

Love a lady who has personal favourites in the square edge rings department... and whose kanzashi secret weapons include finger pressers - sounds very dangerous and so Bond.....very Bond

Pinktulip said...

Lovely bag, as all you bags are! Your Kanzashi flowers look way better than my attempts in the past did. Love covered buttons.