Monday, October 19, 2009

A very... very... deep breath....

and press "publish"....

Take a peek here, and let me know what you think.


When we set out to upgrade the website we had no idea what a can of worms it would be. (Poor Joe, our ever-patient web-developer had no idea what we handed to him, either...). We eventally tamed those worms and we now have a functional shopping cart that ties in with the "brochure" pages of the original website.

Page redirects are still being done, so there may be a few links to old pages today. Links from this blog (and from others) to my old website may or may not work after the page redirects are done (depending whether the bookmark is to a particular part of a page or to a simple page address) and there may be a few other "quirks" left to iron out. Please bear with us and let us know if you can see something that needs to be fixed.

But mostly - have a look. Tell your friends to have a look....

11 comments:

Kirrily said...

It looks great Nikki! Congrats on getting it finished! Hmmmm now, I'm sure there was something I needed to buy....

Cheryl, Brisbane. said...

I just had a quick look at the new website. It looks great. All the hard work was worth it. I have been thinking about the hyperthetical book. I don't need (want is another matter) all your bag patterns. I am getting organised to get some though. What I do want everything of, is the technical information, from beginner to advanced in one convenient place. A bit like a textbook really, only with much better photos. That would certainly be on my present wish list. BTW Your little one is an imaginative drawer. Takes after Mum, I suspect.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on getting the website up and running, Nikki! It looks fantastic. How will I ever be able to stop myself from shopping now?

Liesl said...

The new website looks wonderful - so easy to navigate. Congratulations!

Michelle, Hervey bay said...

Congrat's on the new and improved website/online store. Easy to navigate and looks great. As for the "hyperthetical book", I have to agree with Cheryl from Brisbane. A reference to 'nearly' all of your secret technical info. A girl has to have some of her own after all!! I suspect that I will have to have (not need, just want)something from the new online store though.

trash said...

How small would the whip and chair have to be to tame worms???

Off to play on your new sit just now.

Fiona said...

The website looks great -it has a really clean and professional look & feel to it. Congratulations! The only thing didn't get straight away when I looked last night was that you could click through to the design variations etc... and I wonder if a newcomer to the website will catch on?! Just a thought - I think it's fabulous and will have to think about my next order!!

kyles72 said...

Hi Nikki, The website looks great, I will have to see what I want/need and place an order thru the swish new shopping cart. Also with the book, I would like to see some of the clothes that you whip up for yourself. Keep up the good work, Kylie.

Little Munchkins said...

Congratulations on your new website! I will have a look in a minute.

I also wanted to say congratulations for winning the blouse pattern in my blog! Can you please email me your address? I will pop it in the post soon :)

laura said...

I think it looks great! Good job! You're still the best!

handmaiden said...

like it alot Nikki, very clean and easy to navigate plus has all yr tips tricks and tutorials still. great job