Sunday, December 7, 2008

A special Christmas purse frame class

A fabulous group of crafty bloggy gals booked in for a special purse frame class. There was a bit of this...A bit of that...
Food (which we ate before we thought to photograph!), mulled wine, and probably too much Chrismas music.

...and then the paparazzi moment we were all waiting for.... a choir of purses! The linings looked as good as the outsides.
Many thanks to all the girls for a great class, and especially to Big Cat for being team leader and getting the show on the road.

The mulled wine was a bit popular, and I forgot to fulfil my promise to give everyone a copy of the recipe - so here 'tis now! Mulled wine is a really lovely xmas treat that fills the house with sweet spicy xmas smells (and is a great way to tart up any old red wine!).

Mulled Wine
In a big pot.....
I litre of red wine (or a 750ml bottle will do)
4oz/112g sugar
I stick cinnamon
6 cloves - I stud them into slices of orange. This is completely unnecessary but looks nice!
Half a nutmeg - coarsely grated
A bit of grated orange or lemon rind

Heat gently for 5 minutes until all spices are infused. Strain (through a tea-strainer) to serve.

I accidentally BOILED the wine yesterday, which reduced the alcohol content somewhat. Probably a good thing when serving it to people in a sewing class, but it's best not to do that under normal Chrismas-cheery circumstances.

7 comments:

CurlyPops said...

Thanks for such a lovely day Nikki!
It was lots of fun and I learned so many new skills. I can't wait to make another purse.

Bianca said...

It looks like a lot of fun was had, the purses look beautiful...lucky receivers (if they're given away for christmas)

Anonymous said...

I can see Ms Curlypops signature styling there........looks like a great day

Reenie said...

Thanks for the recipe Nikki. And thanks again for a lovely day... I had lots of fun !!

Bellgirl said...

Thanks Nikki! I've started my 'mini-me' purse in the same fabric. And I'm going to make some mulled wine this Christmas, yum!

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Ohhh.. how I'd love to join one of your purse making days sometime. Especially if you're serving mulled wine!

amber {daisy chain} said...

wow, those little purses are just adorable! I've been looking for a few crafting projects and your blog is full of great ideas!