Thursday, October 9, 2008

More Detachable Straps!

There seems to be a bit of a theme emerging here....

This time to convert the Baguette into a clutch purse. A few swivel hooks and o-rings and Bob's your proverbial relation!

My original idea was to make the strap to also work as a wrist strap (from one o-ring only), but a moment's distraction while I was cutting meant that I made it TOO LONG for that. I've run out of
the fabric so have to be happy with the shoulder strap/clutch options for now.

There was a HUGE disaster with the original detail on the front (hence the very wide strap detail....). Unfortunately red doesn't photograph well. It's actually less FLARING and GLARING in real life, and it has topstitching on it.

It's not quite as it was planned, but isn't as bad as it looked at one point. It was of those organically-developing designs that reassure me that my problem-solving skills are still in tippy-top condition.

And Sarah, if you're reading this..... I know you're laughing.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

yes red does end up all flaming...
love the strap idea very clever...

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

That looks sensational. I can't wait to build my sewing confidence and get stuck in to some of your patterns. I'll start with my purse frame class. I can't wait either.

laura said...

Never in a million years would I have put those 2 fabrics together! That's why I love your blog. You always come up with something sooo different. And isn't it wonderful when an accident/mistake ends up being a success?

ferne said...

I have lots of accidents that somehow work! Infact they are the the best and the best way to learn. I actually like the length of that strap with this bag better than the wrist strap.

Erin said...

oh yes, i am a big convertible lover. If has straps that move, switch, detach, etc... i'm all over it. Very nice indeed!