Thursday, September 25, 2008

Oh Clover, how I love thee...

I'm very intrigued by Sharon's new gadget.I don't know what the gadget is called but now I want one. Of course it's Clover.

Yesterday while I was sewing I took a few photos of what I was doing. Over the next few weeks I thought I'd show a few more tricks of the trade (and a few handy gadgets), so started gathering images. In the process I realised I have an unnatural love for all things CLOVER... and no, I don't have shares in the company. It's just that they do everything so .....PERFECTLY!!

Gadget #1 - Clover White Marking Pen.

Yesterday I used my Clover White Marking Pen to mark a stitching line (to hold Vilene S520 over the back of a magnetic catch). It's fabulous when you need to mark dark fabric, and especially great when you want a line that's finer and more accurate than a chalk pencil... even BETTER when you want to make a mark on the RIGHT SIDE OF FABRIC!!!


HOW TO TOPSTITCH ACCURATELY #2

1. Mark your stitching line with the pen and ruler. It takes a little while for the white line to appear.... don't panic.

2. It APPEARS.... as if by magic!

3. Follow the white line with your sewing machine needle.

4. Iron over the stitches and white line and .... as if by magic....

5. The white lines DISAPPEAR!!!

Ooohhh... gadget love. Clover love.

7 comments:

CurlyPops said...

That is amazing. I bought one of those pens (not Clover brand) and it didn't work. I will be looking for a clover one now!

Nikki said...

At first I thought this one didn't work, too - you have to scribble a bit with it to get the ink flowing when it's new. It also takes a minute for the white line to appear. Have faith....it's CLOVER!!!

Anonymous said...

I think we should go halves in the company.........I am so in love with them. Would u like me to buy u one of my new gadgets as I am back down mid Oct (that's if u can wait that long)
sharon

méri said...

Yes, yes!!! I have one and it's perfect to mark designs to embroidery on dark fabrics, I use it many times on black linen (linen of course...!:))

MildlyCrafty said...

I totally agree with you. Everything they make seems to be just that bit better quality than the other brands. I think they're the Apple (as in Apple computer/iPod/iPhone etc) of the sewing gadget world.

Anonymous said...

Jeepers, a few days away in Shepp and you have been posting so much it will take me ages to catch up! I absolutely MUST have one of these (and one of Sharon's handy little finger presser thingos). Are you thinking of adding them to your stock? (hint hint)

Bell said...

I really love Clover products. They are such better quality than most other brands. Their self threading needles are great and their applique needles are awesome for blind hems (aka hand sewing binding and needle turn applique). I also use their Chaco Liner Pen - which lasts for ages. I am definitely getting the finger pressing gadget. It would make folding 1/4" seams so much easier. I have their loop turner tool which is great for threading and turning straps. Anyway, I'll stop blabbering on now! :D