Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Nothing to do with craft...

...and a lot to do with branding.

My NOT QUITE THREE YEAR OLD WROTE THIS!!! And it was no accident. She was playing on her (read: my ancient old Windows 98) computer, doing "important work", and asked "How do you spell IKEA?".

I said "I-K..." and she said, ""They're already there". I spelled "E"and "A" and she typed them in.

She was SOOOOO pleased with herself. Leah was creased in fits of laughter (she knows my IKEA habit). I didn't know whether to be proud (of my poppit's early literacy), sad (that she's so affected my rampant consumerism/the consumerist world) or inspired (by IKEA's effective branding).

So I just laughed, too.

...Oh, and took a photo.

12 comments:

Cindy said...

Hilarious, you must be so proud. It is like when my little girl ounded her big brother until he handed over his lamington (she is 1). It is nice to know the genes are working.

Sophie said...

Haha!! You've started training her young!! - not so funny when you're supporting her Ikea habit as well as yours I imagine (I KNOW about that habit!) but there's worse habits out there...

Liesl said...

That's an amazing level of literacy for her age!

Now if you can just get her working on the fine motor skills for use of an allen key, you'll be set!

mayaluna said...

So funny...glad you shot a picture! What a brilliant girl...in every way:) There are worse habits...

Anonymous said...

Gifted, you know! And at least it wasn't "MacDonalds".

trash said...

Well, I was going to say at least it wasn't Manolo Blahnik or some such but I s'pose thornberry was right.

62cherry said...

now thats funny and very cute!

Jenny said...

Just love it!Laughing is good and enjoying the moment:)What will she be doing when she is seven!!!

Robyn said...

If it makes you feel better, IKEA was the second word my son could recognise........the first being McDonalds. It's not us it's marketing!

Anonymous said...

That is really remarkable. I was recently horrified when I realized my children (2 year olds) recognized the starbucks logo. And they yell "Special milk! Special milk!" whenever we drive/walk by. (special milk being the box of chocolate milk.) I only wish I had an IKEA close enough for that kind of recognition.

Michelle said...

i so love ikea the problem is there is none where i live...and they don't do online shopping....oh the pain of it...

Cathy said...

she is just beautiful, Nikki! I would be a very proud mum too!