Juddie tagged me for this, so here they are, in no particular order.
Although this one is first...
1. My wee gal's infectious, uncontrolled cackle as I tickled her.
2. Above-mentioned girl's BEST BEHAVIOUR in Spotlight to date (yes... I was there AGAIN today!!). No pulling things off shelves or breaking anything (she's 2 and a half). She was making a concerted effort as there was the promise of a nori roll if she was "good in Spotlight"*. It was adorable watching her fighting the urge to get stuck into the thread stand at the front counter. She resisted admirably.
(*Note: Bribery and corruption are big in our family... not sure what the child-rearing books have to say about it but it's extremely effective!!!).
3. Finishing the purse I've been struggling with for the last few days. A black permanent marker pen solved the problem of not being able to find the right colour beads (after I spent another $40 in Spotlight this morning on more wrong alternatives and other "bargains").
4. Back to the little one again.... We bought plastic needles at Spotlight, for her to try threading wool through felt with holes in it (did anyone mention indoctrination...?). SHE LOVED IT!! Kept her busy for ages. The real joy came when I found her sitting at a sewing machine, with a plastic needle jammed in front of the real needle (eye of the needle facing DOWN, as it ought to be). She was pushing a piece of purple fabric into the needle and making an ERRRRRRRRRRRRR noise. "I'm making a purple t-shirt for Daddy!" she said, matter-of-factly. I'm still smiling.
5. Team-work. Leah stayed back today after she finished in the office and we worked on the layout of the instructions for the new frame purse. I was sewing, she was working at the computer and the camera battery was charged (yay!!). The immediacy of having it all come together was immensely satisfying. Yay, Leah!
6. Coming home to find dinner cooking and a bottle of wine in the fridge.
I'd have liked this post to have been full of lots of visions of nature's beauty, quiet moments and special times with friends and family... but it was just another day at work in Brunswick (I don't think I even had time to look at the sky). Still, lots of reasons to be cheerful!
I'm tagging Meri' and Jenny . Let us know what made you happy today.