Sunday, June 16, 2013

This is not a knitting blog...

 ..and yet... here you see more knittery.
Between revamping beret patterns, I've used the knitting machine as think-music.  Without a map ( I never take notes) I tried to remake the red jumper (sweater) that I accidentally destroyed a few weeks ago. The original was an improvised version of Teresa Dair's Vaganza, from her book "I Knitted My Way".
 
There were a few minor...errr... quirks... in the sleeve and tail departments.

Which means that the optional split or knot detail is limited to knots....
 ...which is actually quite fine and comfy.

The longer tail works well when worn in the "shrug" variation... (it's a tad Matador, don't you think?).
 
 ...and the back, with its sometimes-neckline-sometimes-back-detail works just fine.

Quirks and all, I've been living in it.  Melbourne has turned COLD!
 

5 comments:

Handmade By Design said...

LOVE IT!
I found a perfectly good felted wool jacket in a local..op shop, I'm replacing the awful buttons with Japanese fabric covered ones, and trying to disguise the pocket detail. Making a flying visit to Melb at end of June, heeding your warning lol

Annie said...

Loving your knitting! I did a successful ewrap this weekend, after about 16 tries...then forgot how to caste off, so pulled it off and got out the crotchet hook. I'm just up to scarves...not fancy jumpers...yours is FAB!

meli B said...

Brilliant knitting. I have no problem with your knitting specials. We all dabble in different forms of textiles. It is part of the joy.

Fer said...

So inspiring!

Katy Cameron said...

Lol, well that's one solution!