Saturday, October 2, 2010

Because I need a few more bags

I made two more on Friday.  A Small Tote and a Large Tote and Satchel.


There is a bit of blog-finishery going on here (mostly in the lining department), but the construction was all about making a few new tutorials to add to the list.


There's a bit of webbing and something a bit new and exciting.  Watch the shop for these shiny new twist locks....


And watch this space for tutorials on using webbing and twist locks on fabric bags, with an emphasis on making the bag durable.

Did I mention that you can't have too many cap sleeve tops..?  Here's another one - snapped while drying under the (much-used today) Hills Hoist .

I finished this a week or two ago and I've already been thankful that the lichen color is flecked with brown (Bendigo Highlands range - colour "Iona"). 

It's been to kinder (on the kid) a few times already and rolled in tan-bark and sandpit and goodness-knows-what.  It looks like new again now.  (Gotta love a tweedy fleck for childrenswear!!!)

I'll be back with those tutorials soon.  I'm off to photoshop a days worth of tutorial photos... or perhaps keep working on the Olearia I've started.

14 comments:

CurlyPops said...

Twist Locks??? Oh my goodness, I might just be in love!

Melanie said...

Oooh, me too - fun!

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous bags. I've got a few of those gorgeous shiny sliders. They totally transform a bag. I have a couple of twist locks but I've yet to brave them. Maybe I'll wait for your tutorial before having a go.

Annie said...

Liking the twist locks, and the cap sleeves

Anonymous said...

Oooh....I think I need those twist locks! Maybe another version of the Baguette is required.

Fer said...

Because we ALWAYS need new bags! I like the use of twist locks too, makes a nice change from those magnetic fasteners. :-)

Jill said...

Ooohhhh... I love the twist locks. :)

Erika Mulvenna said...

Fabulous bags, and I can't wait to see your tutorial on the twist locks! Yes, you can never have enough bags!

Anna said...

I look forward to finding out more about the twist locks. Hardware do so maketh the home made bag look professional.

A Peppermint Penguin said...

Oh yes, bag shortage round yours.

That orange one on the right is rather nice.

I think you have the knitting thing cracked. Next up after Olearia...try a Citron shawlette - very similar principle with incs and the decs for ruffles. It'll make fabulously swishy gifts!

Cheers,
AJ

Fiona Ballard said...

There is always room for more bags, especially beautiful ones!

Jennie said...

I adore the feature fabric you've used for the large tote!

Tania said...

I'm Olearia-ing for the eldest and have also decided to cap the cap-sleeved production at seven per girl kid. Extreme maybe, but such a good inbetween crafty therapeutic hit.

Although with those twist lock whatsits you might convert me back to the sewing machine...

our shabby cottage said...

You can NEVER have too many bags Nikki! the twist locks look really great but a little frightening....