Thursday, March 25, 2010

My Creative Space

Is all smoke and mirrors....

Or.... all about straddling a tripod while trying to sew delicate things and photograph them in super-macro. (Luckily I'm used to sewing around a wriggling child, so the tripod was more managable than it looks).

A bit of my creative space followed me out into the real world today. Look what I wore all the way down the street, to the Post Office and to a few shops on Sydney Rd..... only noticing it when I was nearly back to the studio.

I mean, I love my Dear Fii wrist pincushion.... but I'm not sure it was the appropriate accessory for the khaki and black art-bitch ensemble I was wearing today.
What I SHOULD have taken down the street was a swatch of fabric to help me choose a colour for the 51cm zip I needed. This was what I bought.
For a sneaky peek into other creative spaces, trip on over to Kirsty's.

10 comments:

Shontelle said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who rocks out of the house wearing items that should not be seen in public. In my case it was slippers - didn't realise I had them on until I got where I was going. Had to limp and feign foot surgery.

Love your blog by the way.

fi said...

oh no darlin they were designed to match with just that outfit;) fi ox

Tania said...

Chuckle. Chortle. Nice bracelet. Not at all the same, but if it's any consolation, in a rush one morning I ironed my shirt sleeves and collar and then rushed out the door for a meeting WITHOUT putting my vest over the top. Let's just say it was an 'ice-breaker'.

Gina said...

Art-bitch... you're hilarious. Pincushion not QUITE the hip accessory for such a look...

Cathie said...

you are so very cool Nikki!!
next time you are down Sydney rd, you may even spot someone else copying your accessorizing!

Gay McDonell said...

The perfect art bitch accessory - and hey! I hope Bernina are sponsoring you!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one sewing with the kids awake. Most think I'm crazy to even try it.

sanjeet said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Fer said...

Such a groovy accessory really can't be sneered at, no matter what you're wearing!

Trudi - Me and Ewe said...

I giggled about you wearing the pin cushion out of the house. I always forget to take my name tag off and then wonder why people know my name...