Thursday, March 18, 2010

My Creative Space

Is like a slasher movie for fabrics and interfacings. You never know which one is going to get the chop next. (Neither do I).

I'm in a bit of a cutting frenzy... which is my version of "think music". As I plan and cut each design, I'm mapping out the weeks ahead, processing thoughts and feelings and generally letting my brain freewheel for a while.

I'm looking forward to having a good look through these beautiful books that arrived today.... and then having a bit of a sewing frenzy.

Kirsty's hosting My Creative Space over at her blog. Pop over and see who else is sharing a slice of their world.

11 comments:

Cathie said...

how on earth do you work sooo hard!!
you are definitely a super mum

Pippi creates said...

I think the cutting out part is my favourite part too, can be scary but fun.

Chicken Willow said...

I love your pictures, all those fabrics are so nice. Hope the sewing and reading went well today.

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

The felt book looks interesting. We'll have to organise that felting date one of these days. In between everything else!

CurlyPops said...

All that interfacing actually looks pretty in front of the gorgeous bags!

Kirsty said...

Your frenzy of cutting & sewing is the Nikki M equivalent of the run! x

Purple Paisley Patch said...

So many gorgeous bags and so much lovely fabric, you are busy, busy, BUSY!!!

I've had my eye on that "Sew clothes kids love" book, I'll be interested to hear whether you think it's worth buying. :-)

Caroline said...

Nice slashing, everything is looking very pretty.

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

I love a good interfacing, so many things to do with it. Have fun with your new book, love something knew to read on the weekend. Ha, like the weekend is less busy than a week day for me??!! Love Posie

B @ Sweet Limes said...

That top fabric in your slashed pile is beautiful.

AMIT said...

Your work is really beautiful.

data entry work from home