Monday, September 14, 2009

How do you like your purse...?

Yep - despite it sounding like soup or dog food - that's what I called it.... and I didn't even ask anyone what they thought. Just named it and printed it....

Well... printed 15 copies before the new printer decided it didn't want to play anymore. 10 copies are off to a new stockist in London this week, so until Mr Fuji-Xerox comes to fix or replace his wayward child, we have 5 copies to sell to those who want them...

I've rejigged the basic square pattern instructions quite a bit (can never leave well enough alone, me...). I've incorporated a few new purse frame tricks (discovered while working on the Barrel Purse) into the instructions and re-worked all the photos and diagrams for the new purse shape.

The Chunky purse pattern itself has a wider base than the other 200mm pattern, which balances the chunkiness of the frame and the big ball kiss-clasp.

The kit contains the pattern, instruction booklet, frame, interfacing and piping cord. You can use almost any weight fabric - you just need to adjust which fusible wadding to add (or not) to give the right amount of structure to the purse.
CODE: PFK200C
$29.70
...
...
We should have more printed by the end of the week. In the meantime, we have FIVE....
EDITED TO ADD - The lovely printer fix-it guy came and worked his magic. We now have as many copies of this pattern as we care to print!

9 comments:

Cath said...

love an executive decision - chunky as in, that's what I wish my purse was like. Love the name, how was sydney??

Tania said...

Still gasping to get to my barrel purse pattern and give that one a whirl, but I'm sensing a growing purse addiction thing happening...(that would be no thanks to you!).

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

I, naturally, think the name is awesome.

Unknown said...

I like the purse and i want to do it! In Italy I don't find the pattern for purse!You send in Italy?
I give you my mail:
borsediclara@gmail.com
and my blog:
www.borsediclara.blogspot.com
tank's

Manda - Handmade with Love said...

I love this Nikki! I bought the belle bag pattern from you at the Sydney show recently and itching get started on it - just collated all the materials I need. This chunky purse will be my next!! thanks for the inspiration.

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Love the name! Love the design! I'll put my hand up to buy one if you have any left. It's a great sized frame and I could really do with some more frame tips. Do you want me to email the order through?

I spy some gorgeous Kokka fabric you've used to make one too :)

Karin van Dam said...

Cute purse. And that name somehow fits. So good choice I'd say! Goodluck with the printer.

Allisha said...

How do I order this? lish_20@hotmail.com

Thank you.

Allisha

Juliana Braz said...

hi, I'm Brazilian and I am a big fan.
I love your blog, there's so much beautiful.
I love especially the tutorials.
I am now getting this world of crafts and sewing, rs

if you can.. take a look at my blog
http://julianabraz.blogspot.com/

xoxo