Sunday, September 13, 2009

Before and After

I had great intentions of documenting the Bag in a Day class yesterday....

I took a photo of the snack table....Mmm... blackforest Tim Tams, Coconut Macaroons (Safeway's finest...!), Blue and White Castello cheese with spiced pear paste (it IS all about the food, you know...?!).

...And then my camera battery died. By the time I had a fleeting realisation that the recharger would have worked its magic, the class was over and a few bags had already left the room.

Distracted again (!!), I then only remembered it again after EVERYONE had left the room....

This is what one of the tables looked like after it was all over....

...and this is the floor.

You're just going to have to believe me - the bags were GREAT!


A quick note on classes. We're totally booked for all classes except a new Patternmaking for Bags we've scheduled. It's still worth going on a waiting list for any classes you're interested in because we sometimes get late cancellations and waiting-list people often get a place. I also sometimes schedule extra classes to cater to overflowing waiting lists (these are not usually advertised - they just fill up!).

I'll also have to start looking at next year's calendar very soon....

12 comments:

CurlyPops said...

Blackforest Tim Tams???? I have to get myself down to Safeway to check that out!

Gay McDonell said...

I'm really going to have to lift my catering standards! And, my, that floor looks familiar!

Anonymous said...

Familiar? Well, apart from the catering table, the whole place looks like mine. At least I only have to tidy up after one!

I SO want to do that pattern making class. Been mulling it over since your original post. I was hoping by now it would be full and that would make the decision for me. How much can a mother of three take on without falling off the edge of the proverbial cliff?

Leave it with me xxoo

Nikki said...

I laughed that you got a photo of the food but no bags..!!! That you got distracted suggest you have a great day.

Bean said...

YUM.... you have my favourite cheeses there... and Tim Tams...umm... and macaroons... hmm ... haven't tried pear but it looks like quince paste so I feel sure it would be a winner...
FEEL FREE to take the same shopping list for the hat making class....
LOL
RomaC ♥

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Too funny. The before and after look great though.

Pinktulip said...

Only a productive sewing room looks like that afterwards, so worth the cleaning up! Sewing with a bunch of girls and great food - sounds like heaven!

Liesl said...

Well it looks like a good time was had by all. How could they not with bags, sewing and all that food?!

Tania said...

Firstly, I can't believe Curly Pops, the Tim Tam Queen is yet to discover the blackforest variety. Secondly, I really need to organise myself to one of your classes. And not just for the chocolate bikkies.

jeansdaughter said...

Well, as one who was there, I can only say you owe it to yourself to take a class with Nikki. I travelled from Tasmania for the day and it was worth the effort and expense (great birthday gift from DH). Thanks Nikki - going to finish my bag today :-)

Tui said...

And as another participant, I second that. Nikki, the way you manage to oversee so many different processes at once is truly impressive, and you have a great way of explaining how to get a professional finish. Can't wait to embark on the next bag.

Renee said...

mmmm... that snack table looks great!