Sunday, January 11, 2009

Back to life, back to reality....

We're just back from a few day in the country - the last hurrah of the summer holidays. No computer or sewing machine. Just family and fresh air.This photo is from LAST YEAR's holiday. I didn't take any this year - just tried to enjoy the moments and take home the memories.

Yesterday was the Trash & Treasure blogmeet in Ballarat - organised by the super-crafter, selvage queen and and fab cake baker, Jodie. We (ie. my FAMILY) called in as we passed through Ballarat on the way home from our holiday.

'Twas lovely to meet old blog-friends and to be introduced to a whole new gang of talented people. I took no photos and forgot to gather addresses.... but a few other folks were a bit more organised than I (that's not hard!) and documented the day wonderfully.

Today will be The Great Studio Clean-Up of 2009. Heaven knows, it's time (...and HOW far are we into the year...?).

Tomorrow it's business as usual... and so begins another year.

4 comments:

Jan said...

Lovely to meet you yesterday at the blogmeet, Nikki. I will enjoy your blog and designs even more now! It was a fun day.

Jenny said...

I agree "Hurrah for the summer holidays". Sounds like your blog meet up was so much fun-good luck getting back to reality!

Anonymous said...

Sorry I didn't get to meet you at the park, I think I had just gone back to work when you arrived!
Next time you will have to drop into the shop,
emma

mayaluna said...

So glad you really got away!! Hope you're settling back to the routine...
xo