Thursday, October 16, 2008

Oh... and another adjustable strap.

This time the Large Tote. Leah is kindly modeling here... in a headless kind of way. When I modeled it, the bag dangled around my KNEES.... with my height I was never meant for a modelling career. The strap has large snap hooks at either end, and the bag has medium-heavy o-rings. It can be made shorter by looping it through one ring and snapping both hooks to the other ring. The fabric is by Moda (surprise surprise) from the Blossom range. I love it. It has medium-heavy interfacing and light fusible wadding to give it some body. It has a Fast2Fuse base.On the inside there is more Moda fabric, a zip pocket and a swivel hook (from which to hang ones keys...).

I've just re-drafted the Large Tote pattern, with lots more annotations and a simplified layout to make it super-easy for absolute beginners. I tweaked a few minor things so had to sample it again to make sure it was all ok.

While sewing this today, I sneaked in a few seams here and there... and made a little dress in this fabric from the pattern that was loitering on my desk yesterday.

Told you I was itchin'...

3 comments:

Michelle said...

love the longer straps...with kids i tend to be one of these gals that crosses a bag over my chest so when i'm carry a million things as well as a child on the hip i don't loss my bag...great idea...

Drewzel said...

The swivel key hook is a great idea too!

I've made it 'Blogtoberfest Fave Friday' play along if you like...check out my post. xx

Anonymous said...

Supernice and superbly modelled of course. Where is the little dress? Come on now, show it off!