Friday, September 19, 2008

Hats off to them...

Went to a lovely opening last night. Fabulous hats by Mandy Murphy and Sandra Buchanan.

I didn't take any pictures (well.. it's just not the DONE THING, is it?) but I can tell you, there were some GORGEOUS hats there, and it was lovely to reconnect with my old life a bit. Familiar faces, common language and all that...

If you're in Melbourne and into hats/textiles/sculpture/fashion, it's well worth popping in to take a peek at the show. If you have an upcoming show-stopping-hat type event, then THIS IS THE PLACE to get kitted out.

I REALLY WISH I could find some links or pictures to give you a glimpse of more of these gal's work, but Mr Google isn't turning up very much for me. Believe me - they're VERY talented lassies!!

1 comment:

méri said...

I just loved the 6th - like a turban (?)